Washington State Summer Con
Updated: August 1, 2021, and will continue to be updated up to and during the show.
The safety, security, and health of our attendees, vendors, and staff is always a top priority. We are monitoring and will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely with our venue along with our local government officials in Pierce County. Special Events, Festivals, and Retail Events are allowed under the Governor’s phased reopening plan, and we will be following all of the requirements specific to our event and its many offshoots that have been provided. Occupancy restrictions and staggered entry will be enforced.
In summary, the 2021 Washington State Summer Con will be following all guidelines provided by our local and state government health officials. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Per the CDC, Governor of Washington, the Washington Secretary of Health, and the Pierce County Health Director, and policy of the Washington State Fair and Events Center, people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are exempt from the requirement to wear a mask.
- July 28th Update: The Governor, CDC, and local health officials have updated their guidance. Due to the increased surge, the Governor has encouraged people in Washington to “follow current CDC guidance and consider wearing a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission. This is a recommendation, not a requirement.”
- We will follow these recommendations and ask everyone to consider wearing a mask in areas of high risk. The show has been spread out to allow for plenty of distancing and room to move. Additionally, the large bay doors will remain open for great air flow and ventilation.
- There will be areas at the show that might REQUIRE facial coverings. Be prepared and bring one as some areas MIGHT REQUIRE masks to be worn at times in those areas that specifically REQUIRE masks.
- If you are not vaccinated, please wear an appropriate facial covering in all indoor settings and outdoor settings where social distancing cannot be achieved.
- If you are vaccinated, and would still like to wear a facial covering, we support you fully.
Occupancy, Distancing, and Cleaning Surfaces
- Occupancy limits and allowances mandated will be enforced in certain areas. Some areas may require a short wait to enter if occupancy has been reached.
- Please always respect others by physically distancing yourself from others while on the grounds when possible.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the facility. Please use them. High-touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized often.
- Review any signage placed throughout the facility reminding you of our safety procedures. Compliance is mandatory and will be enforced.